These Terms and Conditions (these “Terms & Conditions”) set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your purchase of, and registration in, the multi-day education program (the “Program”) in Iceland or another destination (the “Destination”), for which certain services are provided by The GREEN Program Public Benefit Corporation (“GREEN”). By purchasing and registering for the Program, (i) you, as the purchaser (“you” or the “Purchaser”), are acknowledging, agreeing to and accepting all of these Terms & Conditions and (ii) you are entering into a binding and enforceable legal agreement with GREEN. You hereby represent and warrant that you are authorized to enter into these Terms & Conditions. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully since, by registering for the Program with GREEN, you are signifying your acknowledgement, agreement and assent to these Terms & Conditions.
1. HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION: Reservations may be made by submitting your application and, if your application is accepted by GREEN, completing your registration via telephone or online using the contact information below.
THE GREEN PROGRAM PUBLIC BENEFIT CORPORATION
2. GREEN NORMAL HOURS OF OPERATION (excluding major holidays): Monday-Friday (9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST).
3. PAYMENTS/DEPOSIT: Full payment to GREEN for the Program (the “Program Fee”) is required to finalize a reservation. Program participation will require you to purchase non-refundable airline tickets. This is the responsibility of the Purchaser and is separate from the Program Fee.
The Program Fee must be submitted in full. However, under certain circumstances and at GREEN’s sole discretion, a payment plan may be agreed between you and GREEN in which the Program Fee is to be paid in three separate payments (an Initial Deposit, a Second Payment and a Final Payment). The Second Payment is due four (4) weeks after the Initial Deposit and the Final Payment is due not later than 60 days before the first day of the Program. These dates will be specified on the invoice provided to you by GREEN. This standard payment timeline is to followed unless otherwise stated under the "Program Fee" section of the specific program's website page (programs can be found at www.thegreenprogram.com/programs)
The terms and conditions set forth in the Payment Policy available on GREEN’s website are incorporated herein and you acknowledge and agree to such terms and conditions with respect to the Program.
If your payments are not received by their appropriate deadlines, GREEN reserves the right to deem such inaction as a cancellation of your reservation in the Program.
4. PROGRAM FEE INCLUDES: The Program Fee includes transportation to all Program excursions, all meals except for up to 3 to 5 opportunities to explore local cuisine, lodging for all nights during the Program, all Program-developed adventure excursions, official educational tours, and life time membership, lectures, site visits, and membership to The GREEN Program Alumni Network.
5. PROGRAM FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE: The Program Fee does not include, among other items, (i) government fees, travel taxes and certain other taxes, which fees and taxes must be paid directly to the local authorities in the Destination, as applicable, (ii) incidentals, (iii) passport and visa fees, (iv) items of a personal nature, (v) airfare travel charges, (vi) transcript and/or mail fees, (vii) exit taxes out of the country, and (viii) travel and medical insurance.
All charges and fees that are required to be pre-paid to GREEN in addition to the Program Fee, will display as separate line items on the invoice provided to you by GREEN.
6. CHANGES TO PROGRAM FEE: GREEN’s website lists the Program Fee and inclusions for the Program, which are subject to change. If the Program Fee is changed, you may cancel your reservation in the Program without penalty if GREEN receives notice in writing of your intent to cancel within seven (7) days of such change to the Program Fee. All non-refundable charges, including credit card handling fees and educational materials are exempt from this policy.
7. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of your travel documents. You are responsible to ensure that your first and last name provided to GREEN on your application and at the time of registration are exactly as they appear on your valid passport and all information submitted is correct and true. GREEN is not liable for any travel related errors or additional costs associated. If you do not submit your travel documents, student roster, waivers, and/or flight information on your student portal by the given deadlines, it is no longer guaranteed that you can receive academic credit or credentials to access parts of the program.
8. PASSPORT/VISAS: Valid government-issued photo identification is required at time of check-in for all flights. A valid passport is required for travel outside the United States. Many countries require that a visitor’s passport be valid for up to six months beyond the date of return from the respective country. You are responsible for contacting the consulate of the Destination, as applicable, for requirements and necessary documentation (such as visas) for entry into such country. For the latest information on travel requirements, log on to the consulate website of the Destination. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may have different entry requirements than U.S. citizens and it is your responsibility to be informed and ensure that all your travel documents are compliant with the laws and regulations in the applicable country(ies) prior to attending the Program.
9. Certain Programs may provide students with exposure to governmental or restricted access places. The Japan Program, for example, includes visits to Japan's Atomic Energy Agency and Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. Students may be required to obtain clearances or sign confidentiality or other agreements as a condition to entry to such places and, therefore, student compliance with any such requirements is a condition to participation in the applicable Program. GREEN will assist with making these requirements available to the student. However, compliance is the student’s responsibility, and if the student does not complete and satisfy all such third party requirements, then the student may not attend the Program.
10. SPECIAL REQUESTS: GREEN will make commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate special requests and dietary needs. However, GREEN will not be held responsible for the failure of carriers, hotels, or other suppliers or third party service providers to accommodate such requests.
11. TRAVELERS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE: Any disability requiring special attention must be reported to GREEN at the time you make your reservation. GREEN will make commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate any special needs due to a disability you may have; however, GREEN is not responsible for denial of services by carriers, hotels, or other suppliers or third party service providers. GREEN is not responsible for providing individual assistance for walking, dining, embarking/disembarking transportation, and/or for other personal needs, and you acknowledge and agree that a qualified companion must accompany you if you require such assistance and such companion will be subject to separate and full program fees for the Program.
12. GRATUITIES: All gratuities are included in the Program Fee. Additional gratuities can be given at the discretion of the individual traveler.
13. CANCELLATION PENALTIES AND REFUNDS: Cancellation penalties will be strictly enforced. If you must cancel your reservation, the effective date of the cancellation will be the first weekday your cancellation notice is received by GREEN via fax, overnight courier or mail. Please review the terms and conditions set forth in the Payment Policy available on GREEN’s website, which are incorporated herein as set forth above.
14. ITINERARY VARIATIONS: GREEN will make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Program operates as advertised. However, circumstances may arise that require changes or exceptions in certain aspects of the itinerary due to, among other things, adverse weather conditions, changes by vendors or other third party service providers, or other unforeseen circumstances. Under any such circumstances, GREEN reserves the right to make such modifications and substitute conveyances, hotels, excursions and educational visits as GREEN may deem necessary in its sole discretion.
15. PROGRAM CANCELLATIONS: GREEN reserves the right to cancel, in whole or in part, the Program for any reason and at any time as GREEN may deem necessary in its sole discretion. In such event, any liability by GREEN shall be limited to (i) in the case of cancellation of the whole Program, the amount of any payments made by you to GREEN up to the full amount of the Program Fee, and (ii) in the case of the cancellation of only a proportion of the Program, an amount (determined by GREEN in its sole and reasonable discretion) of the cost of such relative portion(s) of the Program cancelled.
16. PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE: The terms and conditions set forth in the Photography Release Form provided to you by GREEN are incorporated herein and you acknowledge and agree to such terms and conditions with respect to the Program.
17. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES: While you may make limited copies of your travel itinerary (and related travel documents) for travel or services reserved through the GREEN website, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or resell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through the GREEN website. Additionally, you agree not to:
(i) use the GREEN website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
(ii) make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand with GREEN;
(iii) access, monitor or copy any content or information of the GREEN website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without GREEN’s express written permission;
(iv) violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the GREEN website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the GREEN website;
(v) take any action that imposes, or may impose, as determined by GREEN in its sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on GREEN’s infrastructure;
(vi) deep-link to any portion of the GREEN website (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose without GREEN’s express written permission; or
(vii) “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the GREEN website into any other website without GREEN’s prior written authorization.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL GREEN BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, YOUR ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THE GREEN WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, DISPLAY OR USE THE GREEN WEBSITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR RELIANCE UPON OPINIONS APPEARING ON THE GREEN WEBSITE; ANY COMPUTER VIRUSES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, LINKED SITES, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE GREEN WEBSITE; OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THE GREEN WEBSITE) WHETHER BASED ON A THEORY OF NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF GREEN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If, despite the limitation above, GREEN is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or in any way connected with any of the events or circumstances described above, then the liability of GREEN will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of (a) the service fees you paid to GREEN in connection with such transaction(s) on the GREEN website, or (b) One-Hundred Dollars (US$100.00) (or the equivalent in local currency).
The limitation of liability set forth above reflects the allocation of risk between you and GREEN. The limitations specified in this Section 17 will survive the termination of these Terms & Conditions and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these Terms & Conditions is found to have failed of its essential purpose. The limitations of liability provided herein shall inure to the benefit of GREEN and its suppliers and third party Program operators.
19. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless GREEN and its affiliates, strategic partners (of written or verbal alliance), members, heirs, successors and assigns (each an “Indemnified Party” and collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all actions or claims for mental and bodily injury, death, property and other damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs of suit, which shall include all penalties, expenses, fees, costs, amounts paid in settlement, expert witness fees and disbursements in connection with investigating, defending or settling any such action or claim or threatened action or claim) which may be incurred, or reasonably required to be paid, by any Indemnified Party, brought by third parties as a result of:
a. your breach of these Terms & Conditions or any document referenced herein;
b. your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
c. your use of GREEN’s website.
20. RESPONSIBILITY: GREEN acts only as a sales agent for hotels, car rental companies, transfer companies, sightseeing companies and other service providers named on your ticket, other travel documents and/or your itinerary (the “Suppliers”). GREEN is not responsible for acts or omissions of the Suppliers or their failure to provide services or adhere to their own schedules. GREEN assumes no responsibility for, and shall not be liable for, any refund, personal injury, property damage (including damaged baggage), or other loss (including lost baggage), accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be caused by: (1) any defaults, wrongful or negligent acts, or omissions of the Suppliers; (2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, craft, equipment or instrumentality owned, operated, or otherwise used or provided by the Suppliers; (3) any force majeure, including but not limited to, acts of God, war or terrorism; or (4) any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under GREEN’s control.
GREEN has no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. For information concerning possible dangers at destinations, GREEN recommends contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov. For medical information, GREEN recommends contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/. You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release GREEN from all claims arising out of anything covered by this paragraph.
21. GENERAL: GREEN’s website is operated by a U.S. entity and these Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, USA. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of GREEN’s website. Use of GREEN’s website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms & Conditions, including, without limitation, this paragraph.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, or employment relationship exists between you and GREEN as a result of these Terms & Conditions or use of GREEN’s website.
Our performance of these Terms & Conditions is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in these Terms & Conditions limits our right to comply with law enforcement or other governmental or legal requests or requirements relating to your use of GREEN’s website or information provided to or gathered by GREEN with respect to such use. To the extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that you will bring any claim or cause of action arising from or relating to your access or use of GREEN’s website within one (1) year from the date on which such claim or action arose or accrued or such claim or cause of action will be irrevocably waived.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not in any way be affected or impaired.
These Terms & Conditions (and any other terms and conditions referenced herein), together with such other documents signed by you in relation to the Program, constitute the entire agreement between you and GREEN with respect to GREEN’s website and the subject matter therein and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and GREEN with respect to GREEN’s website and the subject matter herein. A printed version of these Terms & Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms & Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
GREEN collects limited amounts of personal information. This information is necessary to properly respond to user requests and interactions, and process e-commerce transactions.
GREEN respects your privacy and keeps personal information confidential. The only circumstance under which GREEN would share such information is with a partner organization in order to carry out the business of GREEN. We do not sell or rent personal information.
By using GREEN’s website or any of GREEN’s affiliated extranets, or submitting content for either, you (as the user) agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. Unless otherwise specified, requirements apply to both theGREENprogram.com as well as GREEN extranets. If you visit or purchase at theGREENprogram.com, you accept these terms and conditions.
Copyrights for materials posted on theGREENprogram.com reside with GREEN or, when credited, other contributors. For permission to use any of this material, please contact GREEN at info@theGREENprogram.com.
Using Posted Materials
GREEN provides materials to help students, educators and community-based organizations take part in high quality education as well as community service. You (as a user) are granted permission to download, print and use documents from theGREENprogram.com or GREEN’s affiliated extranet for your own personal and professional purposes so long as you do not (i) make any charge for copies of such documents provided to or used by third parties, (ii) include such documents on another website, (iii) make or distribute more than 10 copies of any such document, (iv) include such documents in any other publication whether in print, electronic or other form, or (v) otherwise republish any such document.
Printouts and other copies of any documents from theGREENprogram.com, including web pages, must be made and used in their entirety and not altered in any way. Materials may not be reposted, reprinted, redistributed, or used as part of any profit-making venture without express written permission from GREEN.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding such permission, please contact GREEN at info@theGREENprogram.com.
GREEN extranets are intended solely for specific users who have been approved by GREEN. Any registration by, use of or access to any GREEN extranet by anyone not authorized for use by GREEN is unauthorized and in violation of these Terms & Conditions. By using a GREEN extranet, you represent and warrant that you have complied with all of these Terms & Conditions and have been approved for site use by GREEN.
GREEN may terminate your membership, delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on GREEN’s website, and prohibit you from using or accessing GREEN’s website (or any portion, aspect or feature thereof) for any reason, or no reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice, including if GREEN believes that your account was not approved by GREEN.
Registration Data/Account Security
In consideration of your use of GREEN’s website, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on GREEN’s website or otherwise (the “Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data and any other information you provide to GREEN, so that it remains accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
Code of Conduct
You agree not to use GREEN’s website to:
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other GREEN extranet users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other such users.
Third Party Websites and Content
GREEN’s website contains (or you may be sent through GREEN’s website) links to other web sites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness or completeness by GREEN, and GREEN is not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through GREEN’s website or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from GREEN’s website, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by GREEN. If you decide to leave GREEN’s website and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that these Terms & Conditions and GREEN’s other terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from GREEN’s website or relating to any applications you use or install from GREEN’s website.
GREEN’s website may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. GREEN assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user communications. GREEN is not responsible for any technical malfunction, failure or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software, email or players, or on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at GREEN’s website or any other web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to any user’s or other person’s computer, mobile phone, or other hardware or software, relating to or resulting from using or downloading materials in connection with the Internet and/or in connection with GREEN’s website.
Children Under Age 13
GREEN does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register on GREEN’s website or send any information about yourself to GREEN, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or on GREEN’s website. In the event that GREEN learns that it has collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental or school consent, GREEN will delete such information as quickly as possible. If you believe that GREEN might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact GREEN at info@theGREENprogram.com.
Children between the Ages of 13 and 18
GREEN requests that minors over the age of 13 first receive permission from their school or educational institution before sending any information about themselves to GREEN or anyone else over the Internet. GREEN holds each minor’s school responsible for obtaining parental permissions to use GREEN’s website. If you believe that a minor over the age of 13 is using GREEN’s website or extranet without their parent or educational institution’s approval, please contact GREEN at info@theGREENprogram.com.
By visiting or using the GREEN’s website, you agree that the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms & Conditions and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and GREEN or any of GREEN’s affiliates. With respect to any disputes or claims you agree not to commence or file any action in connection therewith other than in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of New Jersey.
Unless otherwise specified, the terms “includes”, “including”, “e.g.,”, “for example”, and other similar terms are deemed to include the term “without limitation” immediately thereafter. Terms used in these Terms & Conditions with the initial letter(s) capitalized will have the meaning attributed to them in these Terms & Conditions.
By submitting payment to The GREEN Program Public Benefit Corporation (“GREEN”), you, as the purchaser, pay for the educational services and opportunities, cultural experiences, adventure excursions and transportation while at the Destination (depending on your Program) during the full term of the multi-day education program (your “Program”). In addition, the payment covers hotel night stays for the duration of the Program with full amenities, and meals.
You are responsible for purchasing travel and medical insurance, airfare, documentation, and optional international mobile services, and travel tax expenses, all of which are not covered by your payment to GREEN. While these items are recommended, they cannot be purchased through GREEN. However, they can be purchased through third-party providers.
Travel health insurance is compulsory for all our programs. We require that, at a minimum, you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation throughout your travels. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. When traveling on a trip, you will not be permitted to join the group until evidence of medical insurance and the insurance company's 24-hour emergency contact number has been seen by our team. If you have credit card insurance, TGP will require details of the participating insurer/underwriter, the level of coverage, policy number and emergency contact number rather than the bank's name and credit card details. Please contact your bank for these details prior to arriving in-country. Students have had positive experiences using World Nomads. If you book your flight through StudentUniverse, you'll have the option to include insurance.
The GREEN Program offers discounted prices for early registration. During certain months, students may be able to lock into a discounted program fee. The earlier the student registers, the higher the discount. We require students to submit their $800 deposit by the second to last weekday of the month, to be locked into the discounted cost. All discounts and scholarships will be discounted from the final payment. Students should submit final payments via phone (888 231 4711) or check (made out to The GREEN Program Public Benefit Corporation, 2190 Route 27, Edison, NJ 08817). In the case where a student changes programs, the student will no longer be eligible for the same discount. The GREEN Program is not responsible for refunding overpayments. Students are responsible for following up within 30 days of submitting their final payment in order to receive the discount as reimbursement. Discounts are subject to change by GREEN based on enrollment.
*Please see our Tiered Pricing guide here for these details.
– The initial deposit (the “Initial Deposit”) of $800 is due on the day of Deposit (the “Initial Deposit Date”). This amount is non-refundable, and allows GREEN to book your reservations and begin the registration for your Program.
– The second payment (the “Second Payment”) is due on the date (the “Second Payment Deadline”) which is four (4) weeks after the Initial Deposit Date.
*Note: If your Second Payment is not received by the Second Payment Deadline, you will be given a grace period of seven (7) days, during which time you will still be allowed to submit the Second Payment. If we do not receive your Second Payment by the Second Payment Deadline or within the seven (7) day grace period, you will forfeit your reservation in the Program, which will be given to another student on GREEN’s waiting list. Failure to submit the Second Payment by the Second Payment Deadline or within the seven (7) day grace period constitutes a forfeiture of your reservation in the Program as well as the full amount of the Initial Deposit. Also, you will need to reapply to attend another program organized by GREEN in the future.
– The final payment (the “Final Payment”) is due on the date (the “Final Payment Deadline”) which is six (6) weeks before the first day of the Program.
*Note: If your Final Payment is not received by the Final Payment Deadline, you will forfeit the following:
(i) your reservation on the Program;
(ii) the full amount of your Initial Deposit; and
(iii) half (1/2) of your Second Payment.
*Note on Credit Cards and Debit Cards: There is no credit card or debit card processing fee on the Initial Deposit. However, the Second Payment and Final Payment, if paid online by credit card or debit card, will be automatically charged a $25 credit and debit card processing fee on each such payment, regardless of whether you submit one single one-time payment (rather than two separate payments) for the Second Payment and Final Payment. If you would like to avoid this processing fee, please submit your payment by check to: The GREEN Program Public Benefit Corporation, 2190 Route 27, Edison, NJ 08817.
Need to Change Your Program?
Our team is flexible and allows students to change into a program that best fits their needs. If a student cannot attend the program he/she is already committed to, the student must notify GREEN via email. After notifying GREEN that you cannot attend your program, you have thirty (30) days to decide whether or not you would like a program change or would like to cancel your reservation and receive the corresponding refund given our cancellation policy. Here are our guidelines in the case a student wants to change the program they will attend:
Need to Cancel? Hey, We Understand
Once you have secured a reservation on the Program, GREEN starts incurring costs of reservations, accommodations, hotel fees, and more. But we understand that you have a busy schedule and sometimes emergencies do arise. The following describes cancellation timelines and refunds. If a student can no longer attend the program he/she is already committed to, the student must notify GREEN via email. After notifying GREEN that you cannot attend your program, you have thirty (30) days to decide whether or not you would like a program change or would like to cancel your reservation and receive the corresponding refund given our cancellation policy. In all the cases below, students who cancel will forfeit their reservation on the Program.
Additional Notes on Program Changes and Cancellations
1. A refund cannot be issued after commencement of your Program and entering the Destination on the date the Program commences.
2. In the unlikely event that all programs within a season do not fill up to the minimum capacity, GREEN reserves the right to consolidate two or more programs in order to provide a more fulfilling experience for all participants. In such event, you will be asked to choose one of the consolidated dates for your program.
3. Due to such possible changes to programs and schedules, it is important to contact GREEN prior to booking your flight reservations to the Destination. Please email your personal representative at GREEN before you book your flight reservations to ensure that the program you selected has not been consolidated.
4. Student must adhere to all university partners’ guidelines and deadlines for enrollment and paperwork submission. GREEN’s partnered universities will not retroactively accept students / issue transcripts if students are not signed up by the deadlines given. If participants choose not to enroll before the program they will not be able to receive transcripts and may not have WiFi credentials at the university. If student does not receive instructions before the program, it is the student's responsibility to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the proper information.
5. Student must adhere to all cancellation policies here, unless otherwise stated in the specific program pages on our website www.thegreenprogram.com/programs. Note: Some may have different payment deadlines and non-refundable timelines.
All programs, activities, excursions, and itineraries provided during the Program are subject to change at the discretion of the in-country program operators or of GREEN with no refund option for you as a purchaser.
This Student Partner Agreement (this “Agreement”), is entered into by and between The GREEN Program Public Benefit Corporation (“GREEN”) and the individual identified as the “Partner”. In consideration of the mutual covenants of the parties set forth in this Agreement, the parties, intending to be legally bound, agree as follows:
Services and Compensation.
Partner will provide to GREEN the services set forth on Exhibit A, and GREEN will pay Partner in accordance with the terms set forth on Exhibit A.
GREEN will reimburse Partner only for reasonable, itemized and documented expenses incurred by Partner with GREEN’s prior approval, and subject to GREEN’s documentation requirements, in performing services under this Agreement.
Each party may terminate Partner’s engagement under this Agreement, with or without cause or reason, (i) by GREEN, immediately upon written notice to Partner, and (ii) by Partner, upon ten (10) days prior written notice to GREEN.
In the performance of all work, services and obligations under this Agreement, each party is at all times acting and performing as an independent contractor with respect to the other and no relationship of partnership, joint venture, agency or employment is created by this engagement or Agreement.
No Authority. Partner will make no representations or warranties concerning GREEN or, except as expressly set forth in written materials provided by the GREEN, its products, services or relationships. Partner has no authority, and will not represent Partner as having authority, to enter into contracts for GREEN or otherwise take any action that may bind or incur any obligation or liability of GREEN. Partner will company with any rules, policies or instructions that GREEN may institute from time to time.
Partner represents and warrants that Partner’s services and work (i) will be performed and produced in accordance with applicable laws, all university, campus or student rules and policies, and in a manner that in no way will reflect adversely on the reputation, goodwill or business of GREEN, (ii) will not violate any agreement of Partner, (iii) will be original work of Partner’s independent development and will be created solely by Partner and will not involve any equipment or information of any former or present employer or client of Partner, and (iv) will not, and GREEN’s use of it will not, infringe upon or violate any right of any third party, including, without limitation, any patent, copyright, trade secret or trademark.
Work Made for Hire.
The worldwide copyright and all other rights in and to Partner’s work for GREEN will belong completely, exclusively and in all respects to GREEN, and Partner will retain no rights in or to any thereof. All work of Partner for GREEN is and shall be considered and deemed a “work made for hire”. If such work is not legally qualified for any reason as a “work made for hire”, Partner hereby irrevocably assigns to GREEN all of Partner’s rights, title and interest throughout the world, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights to patent, in and to the work and the exclusive rights to reproduce, distribute and otherwise use the work, in whole or in part, in any form or format now known or yet to be discovered. Partner is not conveying rights in work other than work for GREEN. In the event any work of Partner that is not “work made for hire” or that is not assigned to GREEN is incorporated into or are used in conjunction with the work of Partner under this Agreement, Partner grants to GREEN a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use such work, any intellectual property rights associated with such work and any items in which it may be incorporated or used to use, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import, license, modify, edit, enhance, create derivative works of, reproduce, publish, display, distribute and otherwise exploit, without restriction, in all fields of use.
Partner may not use GREEN’s name, logo or marks in any materials or media (including, without limitation, the internet or social media), and Partner may not appear in the media discussing or purporting to represent GREEN, without prior written approval of GREEN. Upon termination of Partner’s engagement with GREEN, Partner shall immediately deliver to GREEN any materials in Partner’s possession in connection with such engagement (whether or not prepared by Partner), and Partner shall not retain copies of any of such materials.
During the term of this Agreement and thereafter indefinitely, Partner will maintain in confidence, protect, safeguard and not, directly or indirectly, disclose or make available to any third party or use for its or any third party’s benefit any nonpublic information of GREEN, in any form, disclosed to or learned by Partner while engaged by GREEN.
During the term of this Agreement and for a period of one (1) year thereafter, Partner will not, directly or indirectly, (i) own or acquire ownership in, be employed by, serve as a consultant or contractor to or otherwise engage or participate in any business that produces, markets or distributes any product or service that is similar to or competitive with any product or service of GREEN or (ii) engage or participate in the solicitation or inducement, or attempt to solicit or induce, any business contact of GREEN (including, without limitation, any other campus Partner or any potential or existing program participant) to terminate, limit or reduce its relationship with GREEN or otherwise engage in any conduct that is reasonably likely to result therein.
During the term this Agreement and thereafter indefinitely, Partner will not, directly or indirectly, make any derogatory, negative, untrue, defamatory or slanderous remarks, statements or communications concerning or relating to GREEN, its owners, managers, employees, contractors and representatives, or its products or services, regardless of the context.
Partner acknowledges and agrees that GREEN will own the copyright (or license, with respect to certain third party media productions) in and to any videos, films and/or still photographs in which Partner may be depicted or recordings of Partner’s voice, alone or with others, including, without limitation, any made or created by Partner, in connection with the website, marketing or business of GREEN, which GREEN may reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display and otherwise use worldwide, in any form or format now known or yet to be developed, including, without limitation, on television and Internet web sites or social media networks, in press kits, or for publicity, promotion or advertising.
Partner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless GREEN and its owners, managers, employees, Ambassadors, Partners, and representatives from and against any and all Damages arising in connection with any (i) misrepresentation, breach of covenant or other breach of this Agreement by Partner, and (ii) any other act or omission of Partner (relating to this Agreement or otherwise). “Damages” means any and all losses, claims, obligations, liabilities, actions, suits, proceedings, judgments, payments, costs, expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney fees), and damages of any kind, nature or description whatsoever.
Upon any breach or threatened breach of any provision of Section 9, 10 or 11, GREEN shall be entitled to equitable relief, including, without limitation, an injunction and specific performance, without the necessity of proving actual damage. All remedies provided to GREEN under this Agreement shall be cumulative with and in addition to, not exclusive or in lieu of, any other available remedies. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that Partner has breached this Agreement, Partner will be liable and shall pay to GREEN all reasonable counsel and other fees and expenses incurred in connection with actions taken by GREEN to protect or enforce its rights hereunder.
GREEN will have no liability to Partner or any other person arising out of Partner’s activities in connection with this Agreement or for any other reason, including, without limitation, any event, reunion or other activity, except to the extent such liability is the direct result of GREEN’s gross negligence or willful misconduct. In no event will GREEN be liable for indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, special or exemplary damages. In no event will GREEN’s liability to Partner for any reason whatsoever exceed the compensation paid to you under this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding of the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement and the enforcement hereof shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Each of the parties hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Philadelphia, PA. This Agreement shall be binding on the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. This Agreement may not be assigned by Partner, directly or indirectly, without the prior written consent of GREEN. Each party, and each person executing this Agreement, represents and warrants to the other that the person executing this Agreement on behalf of such party is duly authorized to do so and that this Agreement is binding on and enforceable against such party in accordance with its terms.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Student Partner Agreement as of the date of registration into the Partner Program.
STUDENT PARTNER AGREEMENT EXHIBIT A – SERVICES AND COMPENSATION
Services (description of services):
Regardless of whether you are an accepted student, a student committed to attend an upcoming program, an alumni, or an Ambassador, the benefits of being an influencer are the same. If you refer 5 students who secure their spot(s) on our program, GREEN will reduce the cost of your upcoming traditional GREEN program or Alumni Reunion in half! If you refer 10 students who secure their spot(s) on our program, you'll earn your upcoming GREEN program or Alumni Reunion for free! If you refer 10 students and choose to use your reward towards the Alumni Reunion, we'll also cover the cost of your flight up to a pre-determined amount.
Students who you refer must secure their spot(s) within the year that you sign up to become an Influencer. You may be a part of the program for more than one year.
If you plan to use your reward towards an upcoming GREEN program, your referrals must secure their spot(s) before the start of your program. If you do not reach 5 students before the start of your traditional GREEN program, you may use your referrals toward the Alumni Reunion.
Finally, for any number of students that an Ambassador or alumni refers between 5 and 10, we will reduce your program fee proportionately whether it be for a traditional program or the Alumni Reunion.
Updated: 09/2016, 08/2016, 05/2016, 04/2016, 02/2014, 11/2013, 10/2013, 10/2012, 03/2010