We know that experience is invaluable. Nearly 91% of employers prefer that their candidates have experience, and 65% prefer relevant experience (Source: National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)). While textbook knowledge and classroom environments are traditional, working methods for learning, it’s simply not enough for the 21st century workforce. With The GREEN Program, university students and graduates have the opportunity to gain new knowledge, skills, and competencies to prepare them for an impactful career - for themselves and our planet.
Our mission is to educate and empower future sustainability leaders through innovative models of experiential education, travel, and adventure.
By using the world as our classroom, our model expertly balances sustainability-focused course work, exclusive industry exposure, and bucket-list adventures in just 10 days. We specialize in providing exclusive access to leading industry facilities, from Iceland’s largest Geothermal Facility to Fukushima’s Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant.
Innovative programs designed with learning outcomes for the 21st century workforce:
- Short-term, intensive, experience-based curriculum
- Human-centric approach
- Diverse, interdisciplinary, and intercultural
- Analyzing technical, social, cultural, economic, and political systems
- Backward integrated curriculum design
- Engineered learning experiences
- Utilizing systems thinking in problem-solving for real-world problems
- Professional practice, demonstrating leadership to challenge existing norms, and decision making
- Built in focus on foundational literacies, key competencies, and character qualities required in the 21st century workforce
Since 2009, we have traveled with more than 3,000 interdisciplinary student leaders and young professionals from 400+ universities and 70 countries around the world. Our programs provide hands-on, global experiences at the fraction of the time and cost of traditional study abroad. We challenge our cohorts to solve real-world sustainability challenges in the form of innovative business solutions. Beyond our program experience, we are one of the only program providers to offer leadership development and resume-boosting opportunities after students return home. In fact, 95% of TGP alumni stay engaged in sustainability efforts and have gone on to work for forward-thinking companies such as NASA, Tesla, National Geographic, SpaceX, the Environmental Defense Fund, NREL, and more.
*TGP is proud to be a minority and woman-owned public benefit corporation, and NWBOC Certified.
Awards & Recognition
- 2019 Rad Awards "Educator of The Year"
- 2018 "Company of the Year" - The Stevie Awards Women in Business
- 2018 Best of Philly® - "Expander of Frontiers"
- 2018 Forbes 30Under30 - Education
- 2017 "Best Education Abroad Provider" - Global Youth Travel Awards
- 2017 Stellar Startups - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- 2015 "#1 Summer Study Abroad Program" - StudyAbroad101
- 2014 "Green Innovator of the Year" - Clean Air Council, GreenFest Philly
- Top 50 Social Impact Ventures in the World - New York Stock Exchange
- Top 10 Young Company Driving Social Change - United Nations Social Innovation Summit
- Top 3 Student-Founded Companies in the World - New York Stock Exchange