Course registration is mandatory for all Iceland Program participants.
For help regarding registration, contact Reykjavik University’s Registrar at [email protected] OR [email protected] if it is a technical issue.
On behalf of the Iceland School of Energy, we would like to congratulate you on your acceptance to The Green Program, offered in collaboration with Iceland School of Energy at Reykjavik University. The Green Program (ISE-01) is an accredited course offered by Reykjavik University, for which you can receive 3 ECTS, academic credits. For detailed information about the course, please visit the Green Program at ISE page.
In order to receive access to all course material, YOU MUST apply using the steps below to officially register for The GREEN Program course at Reykjavik University and complete them BEFORE the deadlines given. *If you do NOT enroll in the system, Reykjavik University will be unable to issue a transcript, and WiFi access at the university may not be provided.
The GREEN program course at the Iceland School of Energy of Reykjavik University grades based on 70% Capstone Project and 30% Final Exam. The final exam is based on lectures and readings from the course and is to be completed during your time in Iceland. Readings and lecture slides will be available via the online service Canvas (registration details for Canvas are listed below). You must be registered for Canvas before beginning the GREEN Program Courses (ISE-01). The readings can be accessed here.
2 Steps to apply for Canvas access to GREEN Program Course Materials
Follow the link to the application system: http://umsoknir.ru.is/#/
- Create a user account via the registration link, please note if the application page appears in Icelandic, click on the US flag in the bottom left corner. Use your email address and create a password.
- To finish your registration for a new application, you will receive an email in order to verify your information. Follow the link in the email titled Finish Registration and you will be navigated back to the umsoknir website.
- After logging back into the application system with the email and password you used during registration, navigate to the Applicant tab in the top left hand corner. The following sections must be completed: personal information and education. Green students are not required to upload any documents to the application form. If you do not completely fill out this information, you will receive an error when you send in the application.
- Next click on the Applications tab and select the green button marked “+ Apply”
- Select No, I am NOT an exchange student
- In the drop down menu labelled “Major” please select “Green Program,” which is listed under the School of Science and Engineering.
Your Canvas registration is due one week before the first date of your program
2. Once your application has been approved (this may take a few weeks) you will receive login details for the School Learning Management system which is called “Canvas”, typically around your program application deadline. Click on the Canvas link to login. Once inside the system, switch language to English via the link in the top right. Inside Canvas you will be able to access the reading and assignments for the GREEN program course via the My Courses link of the left pane of Canvas.
Grades will be posted two weeks after your final day at Reykjavik University. In order to have transcripts sent to your home universities, an e-mail request to Reykjavik University’s Student Registry at [email protected] for a digital copy with your name, university name, university address, and your home university’s student registry email where the document will be sent.